New Era University works towards excellence in its operations while at the same time inculcates discipline among its students and fulfills social obligation to the community it serves. As an institution of learning, it is determined to develop productive, responsible, and God-fearing citizens in the community.
The academic and administrative heads have always been supportive of this endeavor by mobilizing their respective units to function productively and efficiently. The faculty members have been urged to comply with the standards of quality of instruction that is sufficient, enhanced, and responsive to the needs of time.
Legal Basis of Research
One of the objectives of Higher Education, as stated in the Education Act of 1982 ( Batas Pambansa 232), is “ to advance knowledge through research work and apply new knowledge for improving the quality of human life and responding to the societal needs and conditions”.
To this end, “... the Congress may provide incentives including tax deductions to encourage private participation in programs of basic and applied scientific research. Scholarships, grants–in-aid, or other forms of incentives shall be provided to deserving science teachers, researchers, scientists, inventors, technologists, and specially gifted citizens (Section II Article XIV of the Constitution of the Republic of the Philippines)”.
NEU Research Objective
Among the eight major goals and objectives of the university is, to propel institutional development through the conduct of significant researches. The school administration believes that valuable and utilizable research projects conducted by faculty, staff, and students would provide a chance for the school to be at par with leading academic institutions in the country.
The Center for Research, Evaluation, and Development (CReED) of NEU adheres to the principle that correct judgment and decisions on academic and administrative concerns can only be made possible with the use of quality data that are gathered through scientifically and objectively conducted researches.
Top management decisions require thorough analysis of information to ensure attainment of expected results. Faculty members’ decisions on instructional methods and classroom management strategies must be based on analysis of relevant factors. The staff and other members of the NEU community, consciously and unconsciously, apply the concept of research in the performance of their day-to-day functions.
Anchored on the NEU research objective, the CReED performs the following, with the support of the University Research Council:
1. Enhancement of institutional research capability by conducting seminars/workshops.
2. Development of institutionalized evaluation instruments.
3. Network with related government agencies and other educational institutions for research projects and grants.
4. Creation of a computerized system of research abstracts to be known as NEU Research Electronic Data Bank.
5. Evaluation of the various elements of NEU operations- academic programs, curricula, academic departments, and the like.
6. Identification of human resource development programs (through institutional researches) to assist the university in coming up with a pool of skilled workers for the school’s progress and competitiveness.
7. Research utilization through submission of significant research findings to the school administration for possible use in decision making.
8. Conceptualization of annual institution –wide Research Week celebrations that showcase the researches of students, faculty, staff, and administrators.
CHALLENGE TO THE NEU COMMUNITY
Let us be alert of the consequences of everything we do, especially those that are relevant to our respective duties and responsibilities. Treat them as data, process and utilize them so that the next time that we perform, it will be better than the previous … until we reach a level that would be highly beneficial to everyone.
Formally work on a valuable research project. It may be difficult at the start but as you discover new knowledge, an explanation to a question that has been bothering you, you would feel that you have become a better person.